Friday, February 12, 2021

Let's Begin The Portfolio Project

2/12/2021

It is now the time of the year to begin my work on my portfolio project. The year thus far has given me knowledge of film production, from multiple genre research to essential aspects of filming. I will take the information I have been taught and incorporate it into my film opening. There will be difficulties due to limitations of setting as well as freedom during the current pandemic, but I hope to somehow work around it. I will take the weekend to - further - elaborate on the possible genre and storyline routes I would like to take. I have ideas based on dystopian fiction to a character versus self fiction. The film pitch project opened my eyes to the dystopian fiction genre and how we are the generation who has had the most exposure to this genre from a young age. I am drawn to the dystopian fiction genre whenever presented one, so to create a film opening to one would be an enticing adventure. 

One possible plot for my film opening is to either: incorporate a very drawn-in piece on either two of the seven deadly sins: greed or envy or going into concepts of the grief cycle. The first of the two options could take on the dystopian genre and derive from aspects of an over-enhanced representation with a color perception of green being very vital. The latter of the two options could be a more personal piece of somewhat a drama, including the closeups of emotion and observation of waves of anger/triggers. I would take a more introspective approach from experiences of grief in the past year for some inspiration with situations of creative engagement to make it not dull, hopefully.

This project will need some more time to think on, and at this current moment, before the confirmation on Monday, I will be working alone. I would be very invested in the human characteristics as an approach to my production process and limited aspects of skewed material to film. I am not one who likes being in front of a camera, but I may end up allowing the vulnerability with the challenges I will face when filming it. Otherwise, I look forward to forthcoming ideas, and my production process begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...