Sunday, February 14, 2021

Portfolio Project - Storyline Idea Processing

2/14/2021

  Hey there, welcome back! It's two days later, and I have thought more of what idea I want to produce for my film opening. The restrictions have been more thought on with the - ideas I want to produce and the actuality of filming. I know how filming this will be a more independent experience, so I decided to purchase a tripod set up, to better support me and depend on, with attempts of filming myself. I would use the concept of greed in one idea of a storyline; advance that further with a deal with the devil. The other story option I need further confirmations on logistics with my teacher because all original media - is strongly implied -but I would like to use pieces of already existing audio that is in my possession. This story option - is the one following the grief cycle where I feel I can draw the most emotion-based shots from the personal items props of my Grandma who passed away last year. I can further into the idea of how covid has made deaths a more devastating experience - to which situations of burial can be deemed impossible.

 I have been taking notes on ideas as they occur, from shot ideas to possible props. I have taken the greed option; as a deal with the devil - in which the character - is losing that of which they desired, and time has run out. I will showcase as many - lavish objects/possessions as I can, from my dad's - wide array of guitars from rockstars to possible shots of money (either real or fake has yet to be determined). The lighting would manipulate high-key lighting transitioning to low-key lighting as the story and drama unfold. The prospecting time has run out on the deal would be a letter, one I have yet to figure the phrasing to, and character anger will commence. I think the usage of - coloring with reds for anger or aggression and blues for; ideas of helplessness - would be hues to add to the shots or situate as lighting.

The grief cycle would begin with the use of an audio recording I have from my late grandmother. To a transition of the character listening to it with the screen depicting the date in the past, and the sound is - now muffled. Sequencing of the shots with common appearances of the grief cycle. From vivid aggression to somber depression to a hopeful acceptance.

Both ideas have possible storylines I would wish to approach, but I have not decided which route to take; and will seek communication on the project with my teacher for a differing opinion. I am hopeful to enter a story planning process this coming week with a clear decision. That of what will get decided I will document in my next blog postings. Until then, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...