Friday, February 19, 2021

Portfolio Project - Research Part Three

2/19/2021

Welcome back to more research on my portfolio project. Today I wanted to go more into my character background. I want to plan out a more full-fledged character here in this post before all of my planning, even if some facts do not make it into the film opening or others become planned outside of this posting later.  My status on this project is to work independently, so the character I develop - is going to be - the one I act as. I am thinking of environments I can film in and props I can use to convey my character. 

I have two specific scenes I want to depict at the beginning of the film opening. The immediate introduction as my character has fame, but also they did something sinister. I plan to have a flashing effect -that is conveyed - like a camera that also puts my character in a quick flashback. We, the audience, would see the current setting but the introduction to the past. This past scene would be the deal with the devil, and the flashing would be the symbol getting ingrained on my character's body. The next shot would be back to the present and emphasizing this symbol on the body in the present. She will have an uncomfortable look, and the next shot would be a new setting. 

The symbols from the previous post:

  • This first symbol will be the one seen in the previously mentioned shots. I plan to make the shot of the flashback make this branding look rawer or more painful. When the scene switches back, the symbol will appear healed/more faded representation.



      • The second symbol - will be developed throughout the film opening. As the lines of this symbol occur, my character will grow more distressed and scared. This technique will be the visual representation to double with the non-diegetic ticking to inflict suspense. Creating suspense will requiring many closeups to show the distress impacts the character.


Female character - needs a name. I do not have a set-in-stone name but will look up some names that can suit her. This deal will give her fame as well as skill. I want to designate her genre as one of rock. If I have the allotted time to - give her more background, I will take a shot of her looking up to a rockstar. I plan to include a scene somewhere as a flashback that can show she lacks skill. I want to see if I can project lighting - in a way to create a shot of her breaking a guitar but as a shadow. I own two identical guitars - the issue - one is red, and one is black. The non-issue would be that one - is already broken, and my non-budget would not afford to break a guitar. One thing great - would be is I think I have a demonic-looking guitar that could be some nice symbolism. Could, be part of the deal that gives her skill - this specific guitar with demonic power. 

My next post will be to designate research - more on genre or to my decided names, my character, and the title of the film opening. (If I get permission for these guitars I will include photos in the next post. If not I will see which I am allowed to use.)

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...