Thursday, February 25, 2021

Portfolio Project - Week Three Part Two

2/25/2021 

After researching definitions and symbolisms of the devil, I want to develop my character,  as well as his monologue voice-over. The visuals of the synchronized sound will introduce Onyx then to her guitar to create an explanation. I want to make his monologue almost humorous - that this situation is one of entertainment while my film opening will show the distress caused by it in her. To start - he will propose a question. I want to create dialogue in this posting, and then I will want a better format of a screenplay later after storyboarding. This plan - will help my storyboarding process center ideas of what the devil character discusses with visuals and story. 

Devil Dialogue for Monologue - First Draft

"What is sin and how is it explained today - in this modern century - well, why I would know wouldn't I?" 

“Evil is their weakness and power is their downfall - the same script I know quite well”

"Let’s see... a girl from the looks of it (insert action of her in the scene we see), but what’s that on her arm?"

"That beautiful handiwork is that of my choosing - wanted to go back to the old regular design - but mine comes with a price."

"Sinful temptations - greedy human girl - you get my fun"

"Her guitar strings are losing their tuning - and with every beat goes a borrowed breath”

“The lullaby of death is one that is quite sweet”


End



The process while forming this monologue was one of wanting to develop my depiction of my devil character.  I want a businessman mixed with one who is finding great humor in this situation. The process of indicating who is speaking without clearly stating it is one I want to stick with for his character.  I also attempted to incorporate my research on his universal meanings of what he stands for and what he brings out as responses. The photos I include in this posting and the previous are general moods of this film opening I am being inspired by. The next step in my process for this film opening will need to be storyboarding before I can create more dialogue. A shot list will most likely be included in my next posting as well as scouting for shooting locations. 
Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...