Friday, February 26, 2021

Portfolio Project - Week Three Part Three

 2/26/2021

Group Discussion Reflection

Today in class, we broke out into channel meetings to do group discussions. Talking about my idea - and hearing feedback on my thought process for the film opening - was a helpful interaction. The change of pace in hearing others respond and reflect on my idea was very encouraging. To also reciprocate reflections and see how similar processes are going for other students made me feel good about my pace. The one thing I asked for help on - was more the situation of filming and where I could shoot shots. A location offered was a trail at Markham Park. This location - was described to create a creepy feeling if I were to shoot at night and with the right lighting. Two suggestions for my house filming were to film in my garage and possibly a bathroom/mirror scene. 

The ability to talk about my process/development of planning - my filming and my story development after working independently - was unknowingly needed. I have only heard my thoughts individually while creating this story. Communicating my process through blogging is a way to center what step I am taking and what will follow. But, human interaction of pure discussion on a project we are all doing is leveling. I do not feel as alone as I previously did and feel even more confident in my idea. I worry about the other groups - to effectively make their ideas work - but for me, I find myself on the right track. 

The process to effectively communicate what I am planning put pieces together in my head. These people have not seen what I have been working on for weeks - they only catch a glimpse. My last posting is most likely the majority of what they saw. They asked valuable questions like - how are you going to represent your devil/how is he going to look? Or are you going to develop him further? While also communicating, we all surmised that this is a two-minute project and not a fully-fledged story told in that time allotted. My path on ending - at the point - that the marking on Onyx's arm is fully developed, and time, as run out, makes for a great stopping. 

Leaving my ending as a questionable one seems most precise for a film opening. I want to grab my audience. What's next? A backstory of her life? Does she go to Hell? Or even life as the devil decides? The ending should allow for; the open-ended ability for the audience to think about - what's following her circumstances. Is the humor in the devil's monologue an accurate depiction of his character, or is this another business deal? Could her - circumstances - develop a drama that grasps the devil differently? So many questions if I film this story opening right. I feel more confident after today. My next process is storyboarding, but I want to do it in a more unconventional standard. I want to make a shot list but more descriptive of it as a scene. This scene has specifics to flow chronologically but how to place them is a difficult course of choice. I have broad ideas of what I want to shoot, but the story - with it may require shots rather than a specific sequence of them on a storyboard. Closeups are going to be - used as the majority of the shots I shoot. I may use my father as the faceless devil character. He has - a wide - wardrobe of suits as well as one-of-kind skull rings. I will follow more planning this weekend.

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...