Friday, March 12, 2021

Portfolio Project - Week Five Part Two

 3/12/2021

This weekend will begin at least one step in the filming process. To start filming - for the best makeup/design elements portrayed - I need to allot time effectively to film progressional scene elements to their best visual attributes. The process of putting these brandings on my skin is not a quick procedure. The printer ink sets on the skin, and my pale complexion - the first attempt at trying this method - is still visible. I am going to get some rubbing alcohol to see if that will remove the remanents. Otherwise, once I begin filming - I cannot film out of order. Each scene communicates another development of branding on the arm - my character will need worsening makeup rather than the beginning glam. 

Devil Attire
Devil Attire continued
Deal w/ devil - add ambiance














Setup for Act 1



  • The devil scene will be the first scene of the piece and then will transition to Act One. I want to incorporate similar styles of cutaway editing to give context to the shots. How Act One focuses on introducing Onyx and the guitar. The mirroring of the scenes prior will show relation and change in time. Deal with the devil will commence before and after being branded. Makeup - will be added around to give a more painful/raw look.



Act 2 setting(the first installment of branding)





















  •    These are the setting for Act One - introducing Onyx and the guitar. 
  •   Then Act Two, where the first installment of the second branding occurs. 





Room decor for Act 3
More room decor for Act 3



Act Three I have not drawn up yet on the storyboard, but this will a room scene utilizing room decor to build character. I put up posters and other art to construct a more dark vibe. A deal with the devil is not a simple thing, and this will produce an attraction to darker themes for her character. I will make her exhaustion a definition combined with her terror. I will use my dresser mirror to show the art on the wall for mise-en-scene. The Dark Skull artwork will be behind the bed headboard and will be in the left third of the shot. To further the act - will be rushing to the bathroom - here will have more closeups (emotion - makeup and messy clothes) and reaction to what might be the second or third installment.

Until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...