Friday, March 19, 2021

Portfolio Project - Week Six Part Two

 3/19/2021

Spring Break has officially begun! I used yesterday to clean and organize the settings I am going to use. I also filmed a few tilting shots of my father's amp for the act one scene - the concert. It can be a quick glimpse, and I will speed up the clip. All audio heard of the instrument will be added during the editing process. I will begin filming tonight. My room allows too much light in, so manipulating the camera to have a soft focus while also creating a darker theme would be difficult. My room LED lights -  I would like to use - to bring about my color themes of red and green - during filming. I originally planned for - a flashing that would cause a flashback, but I decided to show the devil deal and mirror the performing shots. 

Before cleaning




After cleaning

 For Act three, I would like to do a bathroom scene. Show vulnerability and also include set design to build character. I would clear all that I have existing in the bathroom that does not develop the theme of the film opening. With these photos, you can also see the cracked ceiling - from water damage - that I painted for the bathroom scenes.


Before arranging

After arranging

>   This area is where I want to film Act Two. I dusted and cleaned the table and chairs for filming. I also dusted the memorabilia and guitars; to make sure if the camera picks up on them - there is not dust visible. From my storyboard - this is the moment for the first installment of the branding. Onyx will be playing the guitar and writing music. I will make the 'SYN' branding the first to take an impact - but not painful. The effect of the branding taking her skill will build visible confusion until she checks and sees a difference. This occurrence will hopefully communicate a connection between the guitar and her fluently to the audience. After confusion, here comes the pain. The installment of the second devil seal begins then.


I got some nice shots yesterday during the evening for the pan around the room. The change in focus of lighting from the window to around the room was unsuccessful. So I either film multiple shots and edit together - to keep the filming during the day - or I do the scenes during the night with no outside light interfering. I will attempt again for the day shooting, but the night may be the better option for an altogether setting. My house is noisy during the day, and if I want to create sound from Onyx, filming at night would be the better choice.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...