Sunday, March 21, 2021

Portfolio Project - Week Six Part Three

 3/21/2021

I filmed Act One, but there were more errors than successes. Getting ready for shooting took about 2-3 hours. The transferring of ink to skin failed quite a few times. To conduct, the area of skin has to have perfume on it. I had a tattoo right above my eyebrow - I also had to do each letter separately. Perfume got in my eye on three occasions, which was very painful. 

There were issues with the letters themselves. I printed inverted versions because I knew with the 'SYN' tattoo - that was needed. But after soaking and preparing for transfer to the skin - I required the non-inverted version of the words. The 'NEED' took about 6-7 attempts before it worked and finished. The 'DESIRE' tattoo had an error with one 'E' but was not too bad - besides doing each letter one at a time. The 'WANT' was the easiest, and if it failed, I would do it in eyeliner, which was its original idea. The 'SYN' did not fully transfer, so I had to use eyeliner to complete the calligraphy. 

Filming Act One taught me that I do not have enough time to do all I wanted with the film opening. To create a story with enough character background and conflict understood through interpretation - I need to lessen the number of Acts planned. I do not have enough time in the two minutes allotted. Filming independently - may be the issue at hand. I am struggling - to direct myself and do not know if I am in the frame for each take. 

I took many takes of everything I could think of for my Act One idea. If I learn effective editing, I think I can pull through with my visual effects. I will need to clip many of the takes I shot into a progressional sequence to make one effective scene. The majority of my film opening will depend on the editing process to bring out the idea effectively. All sound will be added post-production. I may add some - character speaking, but right now, that is - not planned. 

Knowing how long the process is for preparing to shoot - I will prepare as early as possible. Finally finishing, around three am when I started everything at eight pm is not another desired reality. I will film again tomorrow since I am exhausted from last night, and hopefully, that process is better. I will include some photos from last night.










Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...