Friday, February 11, 2022

Here We Go

Let's break it down...

 I have a lot of ideas sprouting now that I have an idea of a project I would like to produce. I would like to continue the idea of including sins into my piece and surrounding life with them. Through color/tint and voiceover work, I can differentiate my present sins. I have thought of a cover for a postcard advertisement or a poster. 

I could focus on a few sins (I have yet to choose) then make a prism with a color representation on top of the character of the piece. My short film would create that devil on your shoulder idea, which would be a struggle needed to overcome. If I went to focus on all of the sins it would be too complicated and require too many voices that would confuse the viewer. Understandably if I chose greed, I would make the screen tint green while the voice-over of that decided greed character talked. 

This piece may be a psychological drama but it would be character versus self. I would need to cast someone for this character because I do not think I could create the vulnerability I want so comfortably. This would be a dialogue-heavy idea and I have thought of a couple scenes to communicate the problem going on with the character.

A shot could include the voices in the head exploding and all talking at once and the host character cannot control the loudness. The closeup would switch to a third-person perspective and the dialogue of all of the screaming would go dead silent while we watch the character struggle. 

If there was a way I could make this piece change at the end with a twist that would cause the viewer to have a reality moment would be very cool. I thought I could possibly make the mom, the character/voices constantly screaming at the character, but that is too overused and I would like another original twist.

This piece will need research into psychological dramas so that is where I will begin my research and maybe I will be able to think of that twist. If I could also subliminally foreshadow - my piece would be phenomenal.


stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...