Monday, February 14, 2022

Start of a new week

 Late-night inspiration helped to direct the twist of my plotline more. If the character is surrounded in turmoil by all of these sinful voices in their head, what if it was controlled? 

Could I possibly foreshadow a character in the background and if the audience picks up on this background character, they could understand the possible foreshadowing occurring. This character could be disguised as a best friend at moments, then seen in the background at other moments. 

However, I would like to take a postmodern twist to create an idea that the reality being lived by the character in turmoil is one of a simulation. Question to the viewer again, what is real or what is not? I would to end my piece with an emotion in the viewer and create an unbounded interpretation. 

Why are there sins? Why is the character engulfed but only to themselves? Why were they chosen? Could these sins be a metaphor or allude to another issue possibly occurring? Who really is the character in control in this simulation?

These ideas are going to take a lot more time and concentration to draw out. However, before anything even gets close to being produced - I will need a storyboard, setting, character, dialogue, and time to film.

I do not want to have any of my shots to seem as if these feel rushed or the people taking on roles in my production be impatient or tired out by the possible rearranging of shots to get a perfect scene. There is a time limit and the scenes sketched out need to develop properly to create the feeling I would like to create. 

Upcoming materials I need to do : Research on short films with postmodern themes & research into psychological short films - possibly sketching out another idea/scene for my film.

    stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...