Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Keep it going

 



We are going again...

  • PARANOID - Award-Winning Psychological Horror Short Film 2021 - Mikael Roth Official
    • The piece was shocking in the visuals displayed. However eye-shielding the scenes may require, the audio was quite amazingly created. The way the audio depicted the paranoia and how it compared to my idea was quite similar. Voices inside the woman's head became too overwhelming to the point we can see the feeling she is trying to transpire. I was not a fan of the composition of some of the shots.  The background grabbed my eye and the way the woman seemed too overexposed to the point distracted me from the point of the piece. Adding a visual effect over the piece could support and not dissipate from the feeling and communication attempting to be made. I enjoyed the audio usage made inside of the piece and will gather similar attempts in my own piece. There was even a voice-over to communicate the woman's thought which I could even do to make a narrow, but complex connection to the idea of the sin voiceovers to my characters' own voiceovers.  
      • if the idea of the voiceover the sins controlling of my character are somewhat conflicting and create chaos with an addition of the character also communicating with voiceover. This can create a deeper meaning of the general insanity being produced. My idea can even develop to how the piece can strive to try to make my character into a devil with the sins, or devils on their shoulder, a simulated process at the end.
        • that may have made no sense but it makes some sense to me and maybe I can refine it further to make sense. I just want to get my ideas out there and written and it can help me for future storyboarding. 

  • Fear Filter - A Snapchat Horror Short
    • To be scared of an idea I already had an idea of what it was is disappointing. I am glad that the piece was able to scare me. I am deciding whether the possibility I had both AirPods in played more of a factor or not. the audios of screaming were gripping and put me on edge. Stings playing in the background to make suspense were chosen quite well to build the atmosphere desired. I also enjoyed the beginning transition from outside to inside with a dialogue played to represent the female inside. Manipulation of lighting and the technical effects added quite a lot to the piece. I enjoyed the piece and how it was able to get me to jump. The composition of shots with subtle lighting and the end with the manipulation of shadow with the shadow monster was awesome. 

  • JOLLY - Christmas Horror Short Film
    • The plot of this story was not the best choice for the entirety. This piece did achieve its desired horror aspect and the Santa figure was quite creepy. Utilizing a dialogue with a character who doesn't have a mouth was done without any cringy outputs. I enjoyed the shots displayed in the piece quite immensely and they created the holiday time composition. How the production was able to create a character that isn't a real person develop the storyline without any actual mouth is done well. The voice was a good choice and the dialogue doesn't hold hesitation in any of the lines - sounded quite professionally done. 

From the first piece to the last piece - the featured pieces were quite different. I enjoyed the first one immensely due to how similar it was in the ideas I wished to present in my own piece. The 2nd and 3rd pieces composed shots so beautifully and I enjoyed watching them. Audio effects in all of the pieces, thankfully, didn't lack and draw attention away from their respected pieces. 

I wish to continue my blog by furthering my knowledge of the 7 deadly sins so I can plot more story ideas before furthering my research on the composition of psychological short films. 
 
stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...