Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Short Film Analysis

 I wanted to review other short films to inspire ideas on what I would like to do with my short film. I am searching for videos under the psychological genre on youtube. I tried to do a postmodern search but the ideas are more the topic of what postmodern is and not short films


  •    Annie's Lamp - [Short Film | Psychological Thriller]
    • Watching the piece really wanted me to surround my piece with thriller background music. The piece itself was short and very well shot. Lighting, as well as the mise-en-scene, were well chosen to grab the eye. The green/blue tint that appears gives a thriller vibe that is good for the genre of the piece. I would like to manipulate tints as well as coloring to advocate for character voiceovers.
  • Identity SHORT FILM (Award Winning Inspirational Short)
    • This piece is really good about showing its message and working to develop the meaning throughout. I really enjoyed the almost chaotic audio in the beginning. If I could manipulate the voiceover of my characters to be surrounded by distorted audio - I feel like it could really come out cool. 
      • Combining both audio aspects from the previous piece I watched for background music and the second piece for audio effects, the atmosphere of my piece can hopefully create the thrill I'd like to create.
  • "Model Citizen" | Dystopian Animated Short Film (2020)
    • This short film left a feeling at the end of it that wasn't quite pleasant. I wanted to find films like this animation that impact a feeling in the viewer because I wanted to reciprocate the same thing to my viewer. The emotions that this piece inspired left me in an unsatisfied but upset state. I enjoyed the work put into the piece and how the related ideas were late showed again and again but in different forms. Growing so quickly to care for the characters and the unfortunate ending was quite an emotion caused. 
      • I have noticed this animation and the second piece I watched were both featuring face masks to create a societal similarity in their own narratives. I like the way each piece created this idea and manipulated it into its own fashion.

The feelings created by all of these pieces require time to really analyze and comprehend what was watched and the choices made. I was inspired by the audio effects and background music. The last piece created a reminiscent feeling with the music choice chosen and that perfectly manipulated the viewer to create the downward spiral of emotions desired to be created. 

I will be most likely continue with more short film analysis to see the technical choices made and see if this could help inspire production into my piece. 
stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...