Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Ideas Ideas Ideas

 I have a person who I think I want to make my character for the project. I would like to meet with him and see what he does normally day-to-day and if that can inspire settings. I wanna see if I can make a sorta shot list, so here we go:

  • a waking upshot with aggression that he forgot to charge his AirPods and has to go through the day without them and cannot find any other earbuds
  • With my shots, I am already envisioning close-up shots that are doing almost 360 moving upwards until the voices get too loud that we see a physical reaction. 
  • gradually progression of mental wellbeing being documented
  • prompted shots for the sins to have a voice come out to, for example:
    • greed- take their wallet to a person walking in front 
      • you should be ahead in your classes
      • why aren't you doing enough
    • wrath - don't let others walk into you, do something about it
      • tell them what's really on your mind
    • envy- don't go easy on them, take the win
      • take everything for yourself
    • pride- you shouldn't be talking to that low life
      • don't waste your breath on that person
  • a closeup transitioned to a very wide depth of field to where the voices are no longer heard and the character yelling at them echos 
  • putting charged AirPods in a gym bag and going into his car
  • speeding in the car when voices gradually begin
  • a gym shot where the voices are pushing him harder and harder - he then remembers to get his AirPods
  • talking with self in a medium shot why this is happening to him in a cool down
  • heads home and parks and the voices start again so he decides to go for a run
  • a running shot where the character puts AirPods in where the music drowns out the voice
    • then would progress that the AirPods die and the friend character appears saying, "Hey I was trying to get your attention but I guess you couldn't hear me."
    • they sit down and he proceeds to go on his mental list of how a lot is going on in his head and there's no escape
      • he could divulge that there isn't something right and the character is going through something very abnormal.
    • could then proceed with them somehow taking the AirPods when he divulges his feelings and is distracted
  • sets up where the character isn't able to block out the voices without the music.
  • the Airpod necessity drowns out and the character is just aggressive and upset why it doesn't stop
    • "I can't live like this anymore"
  • This is where the postmodern twist can occur
    • The guy can be driven to the breaking point in which he drives his car until it crashes
    • The best friend character can just get a notification that subject 10467 ended his life
      • she could give a response, "awe I thought he would live a little longer than the last."

So, in making this idea/shot list my previous ideas didn't present as much as I originally intended. The more technical aspects are lacking and it seems I didn't really need them. I could see how I can still include them but it isn't necessary for the script. I want to keep the piece dark in the composition of lighting to get my darker themes emphasized. I do not want too much light and plan to have the majority of my scenes in the late afternoon to nighttime so there isn't too much exposure. 


stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...