Sunday, February 28, 2021

Portfolio Project - Week Three Part Four

 2/28/2021

I took the weekend to progress my story for storyboarding shots and filming areas I want to cover. I first started with drawing out scenes I want to shoot and have had already thought. The beginning shots for Onyx - are planned for in these story pannels. I still have to configure where the devil monologue will happen with visuals. Of course, these visuals are not him, but he's introducing the story, and I want the shots synchronized to help develop the story for the audience. 

I have planned ideas for my character's progression throughout the film opening combined with some shot ideas. I will include a photo of what I have written as ideas. I ask the question - if I should cover a flashback scene to deepen Onyx's character backstory - but that may be too intricate for this opening. I want to show her possessiveness of the guitar with an interaction with another person - she will immediately cling with it to her body. The ticking that the devil begins will be a vital indication of her character progression. I am struggling to configure how I can make the guitar better known as originally the devils. I need to find a way to create a mystical shot showing it has the power or entrances Onyx, but I have not thought of one yet.

I need to put together my tripod this week and start practicing with the lighting. I will be filming myself and need to become better acquainted with my canvas. I want the LED light that it comes with to be the determining light for this piece. If I take an outside shot - it might not mend well with - the majority of my shots I plan to take place internally. 

This forthcoming week will be more planning and storyboarding, so I'm ready to film. Planning of wardrobe and shooting locations need to -become finalized with this planning. I do have another obstacle with this project - I cannot play the guitar. So I need to either - pick some skills up by practicing/learning or find another medium to produce quality music.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...