Sunday, March 7, 2021

Portfolio Project - Week Four Part Three

3/7/2021

Welcome back for the last posting of this week! I have spent the past few days focusing on character design. I have added wordlike tattoos on her appearance. The words - want, need, and desire - were the words I gathered. These words should help display her greed - as it rubbed off on her. I am to make a scene showing all of these designs, but then it will be followed by her covering-up two of them. The incapability to cover the third is because it is in her fingers. For guitarists - it is not weird to have tattoos, and the word 'want' wouldn't arouse any unnecessary attention. I have included photos of the three in their locations. I have outlined them with colors I want to fit my theme - red, green, and black (even though they are already black).

WANT
DESIRE

                                                                                                                                                  
NEED
First Outfit



I also decided on the font for the title, and it will be the indication on Onyx's skin of the progression of skill fading from her deal. I am to figure out how to make the color red fit the lettering. Since 'Syn' is three letters - and the branding will come in three installments - these two different symbolisms will be engaged. Effectively executing this will help make my film opening - show and not tell. If I had not registered this idea, then I would have to show the devil giving the guitar. I want the lettering on the guitar shown in a previous shot before the lettering on the arm. Combining with closeness will do the explaining. The font I chose for the title and Onyxs' forearm is called New Rocker.

Ex. SYN

 The font I like for the body markings is called Cinzel Decorative

Ex.    DESIRE   WANT    NEED

Onyx will have developed a habit - to check her guitar and, 'Syn' branding is connected when she plays. In the scene where the first installment of the second branding occurs - her skill begins to plummet. She will play and stop once noticing and check her branding on the other arm and discover the change. The change will help further convey the connection to the guitar to the audience. I may develop a side character for her to verbalize her issues. I prefer a more watching the events play out rather than dialogue communicating. Myself being the character that would talk is something that puts me back in developing dialogue. But, the scene may require it, and I would submit and add the needed context.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...