Thursday, March 4, 2021

Portfolio Project - Week Four Part Two

 3/4/2021

I think I figured out what my first scene is going to be. Black background - I need to get a backdrop - foley walking sounds (like on stage), quick shots building the character and guitar, and then begins an electric guitar strum. Cutaway editing would be the best way to describe the visuals for the scene I want to film. Slowly the shots will increase the number of visual content in the scene - built-up anticipation. The scene I previously described is one I drew in an earlier posting but edited a bit. The filming technique with these shoots can present the branding made by the deal with the devil. If there is a way for me to - develop a connection to the guitar and branding - through makeup - I will for a perceivable connection. Introduce the character - branding before- then introduce guitar, together with the branding - a sign will be evident. A tilt-up shot of Onyx playing the guitar - with foley audio added, then zoomed-in to not see the hands playing (for accuracy sake of my no skill). A flash will occur - inferred camera flash - transition to a flashback scene. Will be the deal with devil handshake and acquiring the branding. I used makeup on the images I created in the last posting, and it came out very well for the raw look. Confidence to shaken demeanor will be the facial plan transition. 


Following this scene will be a transition, maybe the title presented, to another point in time. Introducing - the Devil monologue voiceover but a simpler version of the script from the first draft. I want to keep the same comedic but businesslike manner to the voiceover, though. 


Devil Monologue (Second Version)

"What is sin - in this modern century - well, why I would, know wouldn't I?" 

“Evil is weakness and power is downfall - the same script I know quite well - logically”

"My sigil is one with a price."

"But alas -sinful temptations - greedy human girl - you get my fun"

"Her guitar strings are losing their tuning - and with every beat goes a borrowed breath”

“The lullaby of death is quite sweet”


My friend agreed to help voice act for this script, and of course, there will be creative adjustments to fit the character desired. The scene following - as the first installment of the second branding starts forming - I have previously described. I practiced makeup to make a communicative look of exhaustion combined with frustration. Use of simple eyeshadow under the eyes combined with pinks to look like tear lines. This makeup look can be a bathroom scene of an emotional reaction to events unfolding - I would like the second installment to have occurred within or before this scene. The film opening should end at the last installment - which I have not fully panned out. I will decide how I want to play out the ending and then decide whether the branding will be three or four different installments.


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...