Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Portfolio Project - Week Seven Part Two

 3/24/2021

Today I was supposed to film, but the direction of my film opening was so skewed from the last posting I decided to make a posting to write my thoughts. I was unsure of what to do with the timing and installments of the second branding. Today I took time to just think about what it was that I was filming. I forgot about the ticking in the piece - which was very important to the story. The ticking I remembered and decided starts after the first installment. I will film the second installment where the ticking is louder and possibly faster. The second installment is already communicating the effects of the first installments' ticking by showing Onyx suffering from insomnia. 


Time lapses between the two installments of the second branding can communicate how this continuous ticking has been driving her crazy. I will convey time-lapse by having the second installment appear rawer as I did when each time of branding first appeared. The area around the first installment will have no makeup added - so it is appearing healed.


Questioning where to end my piece was a challenging idea.  I have not decided on my setting for filming - but I know how I want my final shot. The whole thing will end with the 'SYN' disappearing and the ticking stops. I may do some visual effects on the two fully developed branding to signify an activation - of sorts. The real question leaving at the end of what is happening next seems developed in my idea. Audience interpretation with the piece can allow for different narratives of progression and outcome to occur. The effectiveness of my piece should communicate the genre representation I want of the drama/fantasy realm.


Tomorrow I will be sure to begin my filming of Act three and four. Motivation for today thankfully lead me not to film but decide on important storyline aspects I was missing.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...