Sunday, February 20, 2022

One Week In

 Ending my week off I see the things I may struggle with now and in the future. I need to find my character for my production to center around. To find this person, I need availability and ambition to experiment with the production. If I can see who will be performing the dialogue, I can idealize what would be a comfortable and fluid language that wouldn't feel cringy to hear. Developing the narrative needs more production and so does the dialogue surrounded. 

I am very interested in what I can do with the stings and other audio effects with this piece. I really would like to experiment and not go with the way I worked last time on my piece. The way I filmed my piece without audio - that I then had to create all in post-production was difficult. I should plan very intricately before I film to pick locations where any dialogue wouldn't be interrupted. I remember one of the pieces I watched for research had a voiceover to fix a lack of dialogue and the match-up of visual and audio was distorted. Even with group projects, I worked on this year, my partners who edited and attempted audio match-up failed to do so properly. 

I decided to talk my storyline out with a peer because I was already forming doubts about my short film topic. I was thinking based on the research I did on short films, I could change part of my storyline to adapt to the ideas I liked that were presented. The short films I watched under the psychological genre contributed to creating horror themes. Creating a new idea isn't something I want to do, but creating themes of suspense and horror would be dually beneficial for what I want to create.

A development I started to create after talking today was an idea of furthering my storyline lines of sins to motivate the main character to illegal shenanigans. The postmodern twist I still want to create is the simulation aspect. The simulation is created by a second character, which would pose as a best friend, to control these malicious thoughts that the sins produce. I could adapt the lighting and the compositions of the shots to follow the genre characteristics of horror films. I like the look of those tinted shots that


compose the shot with dark tints. I included a couple of shots that produce shots I admired very much when doing my research. 
With my film opening last year I did purchase an app that can manipulate lighting and focus as well as the color of the shot. 

During a class Halloween competition, a group I was part of produced a quick horror short story. During that time, I was able to utilize this app and manipulate the shot favorably with more of a reddish tint. 
a shot from the Halloween competition

Anyways, a week into my Cambridge portfolio project I have made a process in the short film storyline. Knowing what is needed to keep the process going is good but I am struggling already concerning a subject and how I want to work to develop this piece. I did decide on another plotline today to create that postmodern twist. I do plan to have more posts regarding research to gather inspiration and develop more aspects of this project.  My next post will most likely research other short films like I have done previously to develop further themes and plot narratives.
stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...