Tuesday, February 8, 2022

The School Year So Far

While recently completing the film distribution project, another project that I worked on this year was a documentary project. Working with a group of my choice and quite skilled individuals, we produced a documentary called, 'Part-Time' which was a balance of student life. The idea sprouted from an idea of balancing academics with school and the variations of success and consequences it produces. 

Working at an Italian restaurant with one of our group members gave us the idea to utilize our work environment and manager for an interview in our documentary. We strived to have three people interviewed but there were unfortunate complications due to covid. The balance between a manager that hires high schoolers and college students to an actual working high school student became our story. Asking questions of success and why do students work surround our premise. Our b-roll got to see the two different types of employment services. 

I included our two subjects and a clip of a b-roll from a server at the restaurant I work at. 






  • Learning from this project influenced me to choose a documentary option for my A-level project. However, the idea I am trying to produce could be better performed in a short film. 
  • Moving forward with my experiences last year with the film opening Cambridge project, I want to not hesitate with the option I choose. So, currently deciding the form of my project is commencing and I will take this years' and last years' teachings to improve my output. 



I’m anxious but excited for this new project and what I will eventually produce in these upcoming weeks.

Stay Tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...