Saturday, March 5, 2022

Storyline Plan

 I want to put all of my ideas in order and this piece will be similar to my shot list ideas. I would like to chronological order and sequence with more information so I can get a better grasp of what I am going to shoot. 

  • establishing shot showing nature or maybe a view outside a car window. I would like to ease the shot comfortable to the main character and nature. Or maybe for that matter, a bedroom window shot where the room is quite dark and then the next shot would be lightened by the alarm going off.
  • I would then have the shot continue in the room but we hear the alarm and shift to the light protruding from the phone and see the main character waking up. (a note to myself is to have a light in the room to illuminate the setting enough, but not obviously light is seen. I saw this was a mistake made in many pieces I saw this year)
    • within this shot, we'd see him wake up and maybe we hear a whisper of a sin voice appear but make it not too loud. He would react in an annoyed but calm manner and immediately set to the task to find AirPods to drown out the noise. 
    • we shift the shot to where they would be charging and see the charge cord is not connected to the block so his AirPods are dead. "Shit I don't need this again today...  no no no" see him rambling to go find earbuds. ripping open drawers and looking everywhere. "dammit I don't want to deal with them today" then he rationalized with himself, "ok ok I can do this..."
  • he begins to start walking and going about his morning routine, but we will just see him go into another room and cut to the next shot. 
  • walking out of his house is what I am picturing and he does something where he either drops something or scrapes himself (depends on the location we decide on and what will look like it will look better in the shot) then the voices would begin to critique him again.
    • "Only an idiot would do that" "don't make us look so weak" "walk smarter" - I can work on these lines to work better
    • he would then grab his head reacting and maybe even hit his head "shut up will you"
  • he throws his stuff in his car and the door shuts
  • next shot he is driving his car and they begin yelling at him again. we see him tense his fists around the steering wheel then slowly begin accelerating the gas. I am thinking rapid cuts from speed to face closeups
  • we could then hear a message goes off that distracts him. He breaks the annoyed concentration and begins to slow down. He gets to lights or gets to his destination and reads the message from his best friend, "how are you feeling today?" he can then go "I'll text them back later"
  • he gets to the gym and sees people around him, greed "look take their wallet, they aren't looking" Pride, "go deadlift to show you're better than everyone" he ignores them, then envy "don't let those guys look better than you"
  • he continues to ignore and plugs his AirPods into the wall and allows for them to charge while he works out. "you are too weak." "you'll never be good enough." "you'll never be strong enough" etc. 
  • he slams himself and goes back over to where he left his bag and grabs the AirPods from charging and puts everything else in his bag.
  • he goes to drive home but stops at a park. He puts his AirPods in and decides to go for a run. Music begins playing and we hear voices fade and we can see his anger dissipate. he goes to sit down after a bit on a bench and the shot opens from a closeup up to a midshot where a third opens up. We see someone join him but he has his music in and doesn't hear. After a bit, we hear her voice fade into his ears and the music stops with him pulling out the AirPods. 
    • "Hey I was trying to get your attention but I guess you couldn't hear me." He responds, "yeah sorry I had these going but I saw your message - sorry I forgot to respond, I got distracted" she would respond, "no worries, do you want to talk about it?" he goes "Uh yeah there's quite a bit going on but I am surviving. there's a lot going on in my head but its feels like there is no escape"
    • he says there isn't something right and goes into that they're going through something very abnormal.
    • could then proceed with them somehow taking the AirPods when he divulges his feelings and is distracted. sets up where the character isn't able to block out the voices without the music.
Then I am going to end it somehow where my character gets too overwhelmed and crashes his car. The female would get a notification that another subject died, "I had hope he would last longer"

This plan seems like it will work but I just need to location scout and still find my female character. I am looking for this person but I haven't found any subjects that would get the aura I want yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the finished products!!!

 Here are my 3 components:  SOCIAL MEDIA: @mindfull_mindset https://www.instagram.com/mindfull_mindset/ FILM FESTIVAL POSTCARD: FRONT BACK S...